Check out this video tutorial to see how to collect blood with the BD Vacutainer Safety-Lok Blood Collection Set.
BD Safety-Lok Blood Collection Sets are safety-engineered winged sets indicated for both infusion and blood collection. They feature a translucent, integrated protective shield that provides one-handed activation immediately after use to minimize the risk of needlestick injuries, and that allows for clear visibility of blood flashback.
• Upon completion of blood collection, apply light pressure to site using three fingers as shown
• Withdraw blood collection set by grasping the translucent yellow safety shield grip area with the thumb and index finger
• With opposite hand, grasp tubing between thumb and index finger
• Push the yellow shield forward until the safety shield is locked in place
Things to Remember:
• Handle all biologic samples and blood collection sharps (lancets, needles, luer adapters and blood collection sets) according to the policies and procedures of your facility
• Obtain appropriate medical attention in the event of any exposure to biologic samples (for example, through a puncture injury) since they may transmit viral hepatitis, HIV (AIDS) or other infectious diseases
• Utilize any built-in needle protector if the blood collection device provides one
• BD does not recommend reshielding used needles, but the policies and procedures of your facility may differ and must always be followed
• Discard BD Vacutainer Brand Safety-Lok Blood Collection Set in the nearest sharps collector. Follow your institution's policy for safe disposal of all medical waste
It’s Cyber Monday on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all the big sales in the Gadget Hacks shop and Null Byte shop. Use code CMSAVE20 to save on everything, and use CMSAVE40 for all things apps and software. For online courses, apply code CMSAVE70 for the biggest discounts.