Check out this video tutorial to see how to collect blood with the BD Vacutainer Safety-Lok Blood Collection Set.
BD Safety-Lok Blood Collection Sets are safety-engineered winged sets indicated for both infusion and blood collection. They feature a translucent, integrated protective shield that provides one-handed activation immediately after use to minimize the risk of needlestick injuries, and that allows for clear visibility of blood flashback.
• Upon completion of blood collection, apply light pressure to site using three fingers as shown
• Withdraw blood collection set by grasping the translucent yellow safety shield grip area with the thumb and index finger
• With opposite hand, grasp tubing between thumb and index finger
• Push the yellow shield forward until the safety shield is locked in place
Things to Remember:
• Handle all biologic samples and blood collection sharps (lancets, needles, luer adapters and blood collection sets) according to the policies and procedures of your facility
• Obtain appropriate medical attention in the event of any exposure to biologic samples (for example, through a puncture injury) since they may transmit viral hepatitis, HIV (AIDS) or other infectious diseases
• Utilize any built-in needle protector if the blood collection device provides one
• BD does not recommend reshielding used needles, but the policies and procedures of your facility may differ and must always be followed
• Discard BD Vacutainer Brand Safety-Lok Blood Collection Set in the nearest sharps collector. Follow your institution's policy for safe disposal of all medical waste
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.