BD Quikheel Safety Lancet
The BD Quikheel Lancet is a safety-engineered product designed for heel sticks on infants and premature babies. It features a sweeping surgical blade that permanently retracts after creating an incision. Additionally, it offers a tapered window providing the healthcare worker with the ability to accurately position the lancet.
• Select the site and cleanse thoroughly
• With a gloved hand, place the Quikheel Lancet against the site with the Quikheel logo facing you, your thumb on the logo and your middle finger on the back contour. Place the blade slot area securely against the heel at a 90 degree angle to the length of the foot
• Using your index finger, firmly and completely depress the trigger
• After triggering, remove the lancet and discard lancet into a biohazard sharps container
• Collect the specimen
Things to Remember:
• Handle all biologic samples and blood collection sharps (lancets, needles, luer adapters and blood collection sets) according to the policies and procedures of your facility
• Obtain appropriate medical attention in the event of any exposure to biologic samples (for example, through a puncture injury) since they may transmit viral hepatitis, HIV (AIDS) or other infectious diseases
• Utilize any built-in needle protector if the blood collection device provides one
• BD does not recommend reshielding used needles, but the policies and procedures of your facility may differ and must always be followed
• Discard BD Quikheel Lancet in the nearest sharps collector. Follow your institution's policy for safe disposal of all medical waste
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.