In many situations, learning proper medical procedures is difficult due to the urgency involved in patient care, so this video aims to prepare nurses so they can learn and stay fluent with the proper urinary catheterization of a female patient.
As with all procedures, washing your hands using the accepted technique prior is critical. Then, you'll be presented with a case study where you'll learn through situational experience. Through the entire procedure, you'll learn the following nursing steps to take for catheterizing a woman.
—Preparing the Patient
—Preparing the Tray
—Removing the Catheter
On a standard table for inserting a catheter, you should have the following equipment: a catheterization tray, some tape, an appropriately sized two-way indwelling Foley catheter, a urinary drainage bag and protective goggles for universal precautions. From here, you will learn how to insert the Foley catheter, and everything thereon.
This video on the urinary catheterization procedure on a female was produced as part of the Common Currency project at the Dalhousie University Faculty of Medicine. There might be slight variation of the procedure from institution to institution depending on policy and equipment used.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades