Check out this video to see how to collect blood with the BD Vacutainer Eclipse Blood Collection Needle.
The BD Eclipse Blood Collection Needle is a safety-engineered multi-sample blood collection needle that offers a simple, effective way to collect blood while reducing the possibility of needlestick injuries. It features a patented safety shield that allows for one-handed activation to cover the needle immediately upon withdrawal from the vein, and confirms proper activation with an audible click.
• Holding both colored shields, twist and remove white shield
• Screw on holder (if using Pronto, hold white tab while screwing in needle)
• Rotate safety shield back
• Twist and pull needle shield straight off
Things to Remember:
• Handle all biologic samples and blood collection sharps (lancets, needles, luer adapters and blood collection sets) according to the policies and procedures of your facility
• Obtain appropriate medical attention in the event of any exposure to biologic samples (for example, through a puncture injury) since they may transmit viral hepatitis, HIV (AIDS) or other infectious diseases
• Utilize any built-in needle protector if the blood collection device provides one
• BD does not recommend reshielding used needles, but the policies and procedures of your facility may differ and must always be followed
• Discard BD Vacutainer Brand Eclipse Blood Collection Needle in the nearest sharps collector. Follow your institution's policy for safe disposal of all medical waste