Check out this video to see how to collect blood with the BD Vacutainer Eclipse Blood Collection Needle.
The BD Eclipse Blood Collection Needle is a safety-engineered multi-sample blood collection needle that offers a simple, effective way to collect blood while reducing the possibility of needlestick injuries. It features a patented safety shield that allows for one-handed activation to cover the needle immediately upon withdrawal from the vein, and confirms proper activation with an audible click.
• Holding both colored shields, twist and remove white shield
• Screw on holder (if using Pronto, hold white tab while screwing in needle)
• Rotate safety shield back
• Twist and pull needle shield straight off
Things to Remember:
• Handle all biologic samples and blood collection sharps (lancets, needles, luer adapters and blood collection sets) according to the policies and procedures of your facility
• Obtain appropriate medical attention in the event of any exposure to biologic samples (for example, through a puncture injury) since they may transmit viral hepatitis, HIV (AIDS) or other infectious diseases
• Utilize any built-in needle protector if the blood collection device provides one
• BD does not recommend reshielding used needles, but the policies and procedures of your facility may differ and must always be followed
• Discard BD Vacutainer Brand Eclipse Blood Collection Needle in the nearest sharps collector. Follow your institution's policy for safe disposal of all medical waste
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.