Mononucleosis, an infection caused by the Epstein-Barr virus, can strike anyone, but those who experience the worst symptoms are teenagers. Follow these simple steps to avoid getting this virus.
You Will Need
* To avoid kissing
* Clean hands
* Your own utensils
Avoid kissing, which can transmit the virus. Mononucelosis, often called mono, is sometimes known as the kissing disease.
Avoid any contact with the saliva or mucus of an infected person. Mono can also be spread by coughing or sneezing.
Mononucleosis is most contagious during the incubation period before symptoms appear.
Wash your hands thoroughly, several times a day.
Avoid sharing your food and use your own utensils. Taking a bite from someone else's food is also a no-no.
Drink from your own straw or glass. Mono can be spread by sharing a drink with someone.
Avoid close contact with anyone who may have mono.
Fact: Almost 50 percent of people with mono get enlarged spleens of up to two to three times their normal size.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades