Every physician, medical student or resident, from emergency room doctors and nurses to anesthesiologists, need to know of the most fundamental skill sets: airway assessment and management. But before one can be proficient with this skill set, you need to know the tools of the trade.
Airway management requires familiarity with basic airway equipment, and without knowing how or why you use these items, you will do nothing but cause danger to the patient. This video is a detailed look at the equipment used for airway management, what they do and how you use them.
Learn about the face mask, which is how you deliver positive pressure ventilation, and find out the tips to getting a successful seal. Other items covered are the oropharyngeal airway (OPA), nasopharyngeal airway, laryngeal mask airway (LMA), laryngoscope (with the curved Macintosh blade or Miller straight blade), endotracheal tube, stylet, and bougie. This information is very helpful for medical students learning how to perform a laryngoscopy.
Check out the University of Virginia for more information.
And to learn how to put this equipment to use, check out "How to intubate a patient (endotracheal intubation procedure)" on WonderHowTo.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades