Kids will be kids, which means they'll always be getting into trouble and they'll always be getting hurt. But that's just a part of growing up. Don't worry about preventing these mishaps, just be prepared for when they happen. Children are so active that there's always a chance they will get cuts, scrapes and bruises. Stay calm and follow these tips to get your child back on their feet.
You Will Need
* Cold pack
* Antibacterial cream/spray
* Band-Aids or gauze
* Sterile gauze
* Scissors (optional)
Step 1: Apply cold pack
Apply a cold pack to a bruise for 20 minutes to stop internal bleeding.
Step 2: Elevate the area
Elevate the bruised area for 15 minutes. Contact a doctor after 24 hours if the bruise does not get better.
Seek medical attention if the bruised area becomes swollen.
Step 3: Apply pressure
Apply direct pressure to cuts and scrapes for 10 minutes to stop the bleeding.
Step 4: Clean the wound
Clean the wound with soap and water.
Use a washcloth to gently scrub away dirt.
Cut off loose pieces of skin with sterilized scissors.
Apply antibacterial cream or spray to prevent infection.
Cover the wound with a band-aid or sterile gauze. Contact your doctor if the cut or scrape looks infected, or does not heal within 10 days.
Blood vessels under the skin rupture.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades