Alopecia is also known as hair loss. he most common form of alopecia or hair loss that we see is alopecia areata. It usually shows itself as round patches of hair loss on the scalp, however, it can affect the facial hair and body hair. Learn some tips on how to slow and treat the loss of hair in this medical how-to video.
See a dermatologist
Use prescription steroids to treat
Try prescription oral steroids
About this Author
Dr. Rhodes received her medical degree from the University of Texas Health and Science Center in San Antonio where she graduated valedictorian. She completed her dermatology residency at North Western University in Chicago and currently works in Austin, TX. Her favorite part of her job is diagnosing skin conditions and treating them in order to help patients live better lives.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades