This is a great technique that ought to be mastered by all in the medical profession. It's also useful around the house when your hands are tied!
Be sure to push down each knot and keep tension as in the video. Watch your left thumb, the placement of the suture on the lateral aspect of the thumbnail is the key to the whole knot. There are many ways to tie surgical knots. Practice slowly. If you try to go too quickly at first, you will become very fast at making mistakes. Practice starting the knots with both hands and at different angles.
In the OR, ED or office, the patient may be in a different postion from which you are familiar.
Different specialties use different knots. This technique is very fast after you master the technique!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades