A calf strain is a tearing or stretching of the calf muscle. It is generally due to trauma or overuse. Symptoms are localized pain, decreased range of motion, and tightness in the area. Learn more about calf strains including treatments and symptoms in this medical video.
Avoid over-exercising your legs
Do not overstrain your legs
Stretch prior to exercising
About this Author
Dr. Ulrich joined On Call Medical Group in 2006. She had previously practiced at Doctors Medical Center in Richmond, Calif., and prior to that worked with the uninsured and homeless population of San Francisco at the Haight Ashbury Free Medical Clinic. Throughout her medical career, Dr. Ulrich as also been involved in numerous medical research studies. Dr. Ulrich holds a B.S. from Harvard University, an M.P.H. for the University of California at Berkeley, and an M.D. from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades