Use tough skin spray adhesive, under wrap or pre-wrap, athletic tape to wrap an ankle. Position ankle in 90 degrees of dorsal flexion. Spray the adhesive to insure tight taping. Heel and lace pads are placed over tendons. Pre-wrap is applied, the goal here is to apply anchors so adhesive from tough skin will adhere to tape. Three layers are applied working towards the calf. Apply heel lock tape from the calf towards the heel, applying tension as you cross the bend in the ankle. The correct lock will be noted by parallel tape from the heel and calf. Next stirrups are applied three times. After, one anchor strips are applied. They should overlap and continue until all ligaments are covered and protected. One more heel lock is applied at 90 degrees of dorsal flexion. Pull forcibly and end on anchor. The last heel lock is put on without much tension. Three closing strips are applied loosely to not affect medial arch. This prevents inversion ankle sprains.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades