Void into the hat. Measure the amount of urine and record it in the voided volume column on your record sheet.
Carefully, wash and dry your hands.
The male can sit on the toilet or lie on a bed with back and head propped up.
Lubricate the catheter for a distance of 6 to 8 inches.
If necessary, retract the foreskin. Clean the head of the penis with a soapy washcloth or an antibacterial wipe.
Hold the penis upright, and insert the lubricated catheter into the urethral opening of the penis.
Thread it in slowly until urine flows, usually a distance of 6 to 8 inches. When urine flows, allow all the urine to drain into the hat.
Slowly, pull the catheter out.
Wash the catheter with soap and water, dry it with a clean towel and store it in a resealable plastic bag. The catheter may be re-used for 1-2 months.
Measure the amount of urine in the hat and note the volume in the post void residual column of your record. Discard the urine into the toilet and wash out the hat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades