This video will show doctors the process of examining the upper extremity of the body. When you exam the extremities or any joints, it's good to have a systematic approach to how you will examine each joint. Learn about the inspection of each joint, range of motion, palpation and strength testing from Eve Bargmann, M.D. When examining the upper extremity, you should start with the shoulder and work you way down to the elbow, then the wrist, and lastly, the hand.
For a full lesson on the principles of the musculoskeletal examination and the examination of the upper extremity, go to University of Virginia's School of Medicine Interactive Learning Module. By the end of this module, you will be able to:
1. Describe techniques and principles of examination for any joint.
2. Identify surface anatomy of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand.
3. Be aware of the normal range of motion of the joints of the upper extremity.
4. Describe how to perform an examination of the upper extremity.
5. Be aware of common musculoskeletal abnormalities.
6. Be aware of special maneuvers for the evaluation of carpal tunnel syndrome.
7. Be aware of special maneuvers for the evaluation of shoulder impingement syndrome.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades