The hamstring is a large muscle in the back of the thigh. A hamstring injury is a partial tear of the muscle. Learn how to diagnose and treat a hamstring injury in this medical how to video.
Check for bruising or swelling
Check area for tenderness
Rest from the activity
Ice the hamstring
About this Author
Dr. Jones is a physician for the Andrews Institute. The Andrews istitute is a world class institute for orthopaedic and sports medicine. It is lead by world renowned surgeon James Andrews and is one of the most well known and highly regarded institutes for musculoskeletal research and treatments.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades