The biceps tendon attaches the biceps muscle to the radius. Learn how to diagnose and treat a biceps tendon tear in this medical how-to video. Usually the area is painful, swollen and bruised.
Commonly seen in mature adults
Check if tendon is taut
Treat with ice
May require surgery
About this Author
"Dr. Ostrander is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon with additional subspecialty training in arthroscopic surgery and the treatment of sports-related injuries. He earned his undergraduate degree in Biology at Bowdoin College and received his medical degree at Boston University School of Medicine with Magna Cum Laude. His residency was at the University of California, San Diego with a concurent one year fellowship in musculoskeletal research. Dr. Ostrander has published several scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals and has presented this research at numerous national and regional meetings. He has received a number of awards related to his research and academic pursuits. A native of Watertown, CT, Dr. Ostrander resides with his wife and three children. In his spare time he enjoys golfing, fishing and other outdoor recreational activities. "
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades