This surgery video shows you the full scoop on performing a thymectomy for myasthenia gravis, which is a medical condition that causes abnormal weakness of certain muscles. It's actually a rare disease marked by muscular weakness without atrophy, and caused by a defect in the action of acetylcholine at neuromuscular junctions.
The thymus gland in front of the heart is usually removed via a thymectomy when tumors surface, but it's also a very common surgery for patients with the myasthenia gravis neurologic disease. In the case of myasthenia gravis, the thymus begins to produce antibodies that interfere with the muscle's ability to contract. Those suffering from the disease may also have difficulty speaking, swallowing or chewing.
If you're a surgeon, this video should help you out with techniques of the procedure. If you're not a doctor, it's simply interesting to watch. It's detailed steps on removing the hyperplastic myasthenia thymus gland (commonly referred to as just hyperplastic thymus).
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades