A thymectomy is most commonly used to remove a thymus gland that has been infected by tumors, but it's also a widely used surgical procedure to help out patients suffering from the rare neurologic disease, myasthenia gravis.
This surgery video will demonstrate and outline the steps needed in the surgery room to successfully remove the thymus glands using a VATS thymectomy. VATS stands for video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery, and is used here in this medical procedure to completely remove the thymus.
In the video above, Dr. Arun Prasad MS, FRCS at the Apollo Hospital in New Delhi, India shows you the step-by-step anatomical approach for doing the thoracoscopic surgery from the right side in a patient with myasthenia gravis.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades